Times & Locations
Jan 03, 2022, 5:00 PM – Feb 07, 2022, 8:30 PM
Inner Child Studio, 715 W Orchard Dr Suite #2, Bellingham, WA 98225, USA
- SCHEDULE: - Dinner begins at 6:00 pm - Check in 6:15-6:30 pm - 6:30 pm group begins - Check out 8:00 - 8:15 pm. Please be on time to pick up your kiddo.
*FREE DINNER BOTH GROUPS* PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FOOD RESTRICTIONS IN REGISTRATION
Dates: January 3, 10 , 17, 24, 31, Feb 7 - Achievement Celebration for both groups Feb 14
co-Facilitator: Amy Glenn Baxter LMHCA, LMFTA
Address: Inner Child Studio; 715 W Orchard Dr. Suite #2 Bellingham, WA [360-670-4594]
This 6 week program is designed for teens to build the foundation of a peer support group based on the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) program, while working with a certified co-Facilitator.
The program will help you to identify the tools that keep you well and create action plans to put them into practice in your everyday life. All along the way, you have peers and a trained co-Facilitator to help keep you on track and using your action plan when you need it most.
WRAP helps you get through the difficult experiences and uncertainty that can come with making friends, navigating peer pressure, bullying, managing schoolwork, and dealing with home and family challenges. WRAP also gives you a plan of action to stay in control when experiencing emotional/physical triggers, panic attacks, anxiety, troubling thoughts and behaviors, negative patterns, and irrational fears and beliefs.
- Discover simple, safe, and effective tools to create and maintain wellness
- Develop a daily plan to stay on track with your life and wellness goals
- Identify what throws you off track and develop a plan to keep moving forward
- Gain support and stay in control even in a crisis
- Feel empowered in making decisions about your life.
- Build a strong support network of people and resources to help you reach your goal
- Stay in touch virtually with peers after the program ends
- After the 6 weeks, If the group is interested in continuing a weekly or monthly meetup program, Inner Child Studio -Community Center is happy to discuss developing a program.
Amy Glenn Baxter LMHCA, LMFTA has experience in the PNW working with LGBTQIA and neurodiverse youth. She is a Washington State certified peer counselor, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate, and Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associate.
Important things to know:
- This is a progressive program; missing any dates is not recommended. Check your holiday calendar before registering. ---Connecting virutally to a meeting is possible if we have notice.
- Please include dietary restrictions since we will feed students
- All course fees are donated to Inner Child Studio, a 501(c)3 nonprofit community center
- One ICS volunteer will be present other than the co-facilitator at all times
- Scholarships are available, see scholarships page
- The building is ADA accessible with 1 disabled parking designation
1 hour 30 minutes
Meeting #1 - Dinner Begins at 6 pm
1 hour 30 minutes
Meeting #2 - Dinner Begins at 6 pm
1 Student - 14-17 Age Group
Enrolled or at the level of high school grades 9-12
1 Student - Age 13-14
Enrolled or at the level of Middle School